Handmade Card by Linda Fields
The beautiful state of Florida was my inspiration today. A lazy, daisy, kind of day with the summer sun and softly falling rain, leaving pretty little dew drops on all the plants and flowers.
- Neenah Classic White Cardstock
- Plastic Sheet
- Altenew Embossing Powder – Platinum
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Lost Shadow & Black
- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink – Citrus Burst
- Tim Holtz Stripe Stencil
- Altenew African Daisy Stamp Set – Sentiments Used
- Altenew Mini Wildflower Stamp – Flower Used
- Spellbinders Circle Die Set
- Altenew Crisp Black Ink – Obsidian
- Altenew Alcohol Ink Pens – Greens, Blues, and Yellow
- Clear Sparkle Flakes
- Double Sided Foam Tape & Nuvo Glue
Techniques – Shake It Up!
- Tim Holtz Stripe Stencil, Altenew’s Citrus Yellow Ink and an applicator creates a pretty backdrop.
- I used Altenew’s African Daisy sentiments with Tim Holtz Lost Shadow Distress Ink to create a repeating pattern.
- I used Spellbinders Circle Dies to cut out the center and used two dies to create a circle frame.
- Used a Tim Holtz Embossing Dobber to put cinnamon smelling Embossing Ink on the frame.
- I covered the frame with Altenew’s Silver Embossing Powder then melted it with a heat gun.
- I used a little Tim Holtz black ink to hide the white inside the circle and on the edges.
- I cut a piece of plastic 1″ smaller than the card front and stamped the Wildflower Daisy on it.
- I used Alcohol Ink pens by Altenew to color in the petals and leaves (backside).
- I used double sided sticky foam tape, created a place for the sparkles to sit after attaching the plastic sheet to the card front.
- I poured clear sparkles into the window and attached the card base to the front.
- The last thing I did was attach the silver frame to the card window using Nuvo glue.