Handmade Tags by Linda Fields
Handmade by Linda & Todd Fields
There’s something so special when two people in love come together to create – inspired by the timeless Tim Holtz line, using products from Stamper’s Anonymous, Ranger, and Sizzix, me and my husband made these wonderful vintage Christmas cards in my studio for the season.
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Pine Needles, Ground Espresso, Gathered Twigs, & Vintage Photo
- VersaFine – Black Ink
- Tim Holtz Stamps – Numeric
- Tim Holtz Stamps – Forest Floor
- Tim Holtz Stamps – Department Store
- Tim Holtz Stamps – Ledger Script
- Sizzix Tag Die Set – Small Tag
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Sponge Applicator
- Gingum Black / White Ribbon
- Double Stick Tape & Foam Tape
- Neenah Cover Stock Solar White Paper
- Black Card Stock
Just 10 Steps
- A2 Card Base (White), Card Mat (Black), & Card Front (White) – Cut mat 1/8″ smaller than base and the front 1/8″ smaller than the mat.
- Die cut small tag from white scrap card stock (1 for each card).
- Use sponge applicator and distress inks (browns) for the card front. Start with lightest shade, inking the corners first and moving out as well as in. Work your way to your darkest shade and use this only on the edges and corners. Leave your lightest shades in the center.
- Use the distress ink (Pine Needles) to add interest on 3 places on your front. Go in a triangle or on a diagonal to create interest, depth and keep the eye moving. This color splash represents the “trees” not in focus.
- Using the Ledger Stamp, ink with your mid-shade brown but do it in a spotty way, sometimes more ink than in other places. Don’t ink the entire stamp. Your goal is to fade the words you stamp.
- Choose one or several of the stamps from the Forest Floor set. Use a deep set Pine Needle ink to stamp the foliage and use any darker brown shade for things like pine cones. Remember your negative space is your friend and allows the eye to breathe so everything is seen.
- You can choose to lightly spray with water and quickly blot if you want to make these older looking.
- Stamp your Merry Christmas sentiment and 25 in black ink then emboss with clear powder.
- Ink the tag with the darkest ink and the green. Stamp a sentiment with black and add a ribbon.
- Use double stick tape to attach the black mat to the card base and the card front to the mat but use foam tape to raise the tag up from the rest of the card.
Video Directed by Linda Fields
Get inspired, learn and create this beautiful slimline card with me!