Tutorial by Linda Fields
Want to create an old book, ancient map, or freshly brewed cafe cards? This tutorial, is all you need.
- Coffee Grounds
- Paper Towel
- Spray Bottle
- Heat Gun or Hair Dryer (optional)
- Create a staining pouncer using 1-2 tablespoons coffee grounds in a paper towel. Instant coffee grounds yield the darkest results where freshly ground and used coffee will give the lightest stains.
- Twist the paper towel closed but not so tight it bursts or breaks.
- Spray the pouncer with water to start staining your paper. Mist with water as often as needed.
- The more water you use, the darker the stain. Putting several layers deepens the color.
- Whatever texture and/or folds in the pouncer will create a cool texture effect when you stain.
- Let layers dry before applying the next layers.
- You can let each layer of stain air dry, use a hair dryer, or use a heat gun to dry the paper faster.