Handmade Card by Linda Fields
My apologies for being away these past few months. Besides moving into a new home, I’ve been trying to find my way through painful emotions since the passing of my mother and sister. Drawing upon my deep seeded emotions, I’m sparking up my creative self and hope to inspire you.
- Heavyweight Paper (Watercolor Paper Recommended)
- Altenew Embossing Powder – Golden Peach
- Versamark Clear Embossing Ink
- Anti-Static Embossing Powder Brush
- Altenew Wonderland Stamp Set
- Altenew Alcohol Ink Pen – Peach Perfect
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink – Salt Water Taffy
- Tim Holtz Sponge Applicator
- Tim Holtz Water Mister
- Misti Stamping Platform
- Altenew Permanent Black Crisp Ink
- Tim Holtz Black Twine
- Water Droplets
- Double Stick Tape
- Nuvo Glue
Where do you find your inspiration? In nature? In photos? How about your kitchen! Once you find your color palette, get matching supplies to turn your inspiration into a reality. For this tone-on-tone card, I used a combination of Tim Holtz and Altenew colors.
Techniques – Emboss & Ink
- Make your card base. What size do you want? I chose the larger 5×7 A7 size using Neena Paper.
- I cut a card front 1/8″ smaller so when placed the base would act as a nice frame.
- Using the Misti Stamping tool, I arranged all the small flowers on my card front first.
- Use Anti-Static Embossing Powder on the paper so only the stamped images stick.
- I covered the stamps with Versa Mark Embossing Ink and turned the paper to mirror the images.
- I used a heat gun to set Altenew’s Golden Peach Embossing Powder then added tiny dots of Perfectly Peach contrast using Altenew’s Alcohol Ink pen.
- Using a sponge applicator, I put on a few thick layers of Salt Water Taffy Oxide Ink.
All In The Details
Mist your card front with water. Spray water into your and throw large drops on your inked paper. Watch the chemical reaction happen. It’s magical! No need to use a heat gun. Let it dry naturally and when you like it, pat whatever water remains dry with a paper towel.
Make sure your paper is fully dry before stamping any sentiments or adding your last embellishments. Attach your card front to your card base and let it dry. I used tape to attach the front and glue to keep the bows in place. Enjoy your new card and every pretty detail!